The conference is a convening of leading researchers and policymakers in the emerging planetary health space.
The conference is a convening of leading researchers and policymakers in the emerging planetary health space. Members of the Planetary Health Alliance, a network of over 150 institutions from over 35 countries, along with other interested institutions and individuals, will gather to showcase their groundbreaking work, gain insight into strategies to advance planetary health at their home institutions, and inspire and equip the next generation of scholars and practitioners to take on planetary health challenges.
The conference aims to:
- Strengthen the scientific case for planetary health framing;
- Learn from efforts to solve planetary health problems – both failures and successes;
- Convene stakeholders from academia, the private sector, civil society and government to support catalytic conversations to address these crises
The conference includes:
- 400+ researchers, policymakers, practitioners and students
- 2 full conference days plus satellite sessions and annual membership meeting
- Featured keynotes by global leaders
- Case-study sessions on “wicked” problems in planetary health
- Workshops to build practical skills
- Breakout sessions for focus and engagement
- Programming aimed next-gen scholars. Travel scholarships available
- Poster session for research, education and innovation projects
- Top abstracts printed in The Lancet Planetary Health
- Evening social events and arts showcase
This event brings together practitioners, scientists, tribal communities, and decision-makers to share knowledge, ideas, and best practices related to climate change science, impacts, and adaptation in the Pacific Northwest.